Monday, February 21, 2005

Added some reviews

Here finally are some of the reviews I've been wanting to include. The Barry Farber review and the great Destinos video program that Annenberg/CPB makes available for free online. I'm sort of focused on Spanish right now, so I'll include a review for the awesome French In Action when I'm more comfortable with my ability in Spanish and I begin to focus more on brushing up my French.

I've mentioned many times before how I think language learning materials ought to be free, now that the technology is available to actually do that with a minimal cost via the internet. I have an outline to do a tutorial with audio files for Esperanto. There are other, free materials on the internet (Kurso de Esperanto among others) that are very good and have audio. I think my niche would be to provide more exercises and practice for pronunciation and conversation. I've planned out short modules on particular topics to be downloaded in mp3 format with pdf text and written exercises. Someone suggested I should do this for Spanish and French too, but I'm not comfortable enough with those languages to do any audio myself. At least Esperanto has no native speakers, everyone learns it as a second language, so I'm much more comfortable doing my own audio for it. For those who don't know me that well, I am a musican with lots of recording equipment sitting around - my instrumental guitar music site will be along in a month or two.

I also expanded the Learning Tips page to include pages for Flashcards and Study Time.

No comments: