Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Penpals and stuff

I've added a page on the merits of language penpals , linked to from the Language Learning Tips page. I'll probably add more pages on language forums, text chats and live chats just for completeness.

While researching affiliate programs, I discovered that RosettaStone actually has a few projects underway developing software for learning some endangered languages. They have projects with the Mohawks and Seminoles and possibly other endangered Native American tribes. They are open to the idea of more projects, too. I think I might look into the cost of sponsoring a project. There a number of organizations that provide some funding for such projects (RosettaStone had many listed) but it takes someone to get the ball rolling. Stuff like that makes me think that maybe you could actually make a difference sometimes. See http://www.rosettastone.com/languagerescue

No comments: