Thursday, October 26, 2006

New Pimsleur Courses

Simon and Schuster has been updating their Pimsleur line of products. They expanded their Farsi Compact course to a full 30 lesson Comprehensive level 1 course late in 2005. They have done the same for Czech, Korean and Thai, and they are adding a Comprehensive Level 1 course for Hindi in October. Other additions include Turkish Comprehensive Level 1 (in December 2006), Hebrew Level 2 and Eastern Arabic Level 2 in early 2007. Let's hope they continue to add to and expand on their current line of products. Personally, I would like to see a Swedish Comprehensive course, but I know there are other languages that are probably more lucrative for Simon and Schuster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am glad to see the expansion of the Comprehensive courses. I don't understand why Simon & Schuster's web site doesn't tell people what plans they have for future courses. Someone might be much more likely to buy a comprehensive course, say Turkish I, if they know that Turkish II and III are in the pipeline.

Ron said...

I agree. If I knew they were putting together a whole 3 level course for something, I'd be much more inclined to get it. It seems like they just won't commit to levels 2 and 3 until they can gauge the success of a level 1.

Actually, they do post on their site what they have planned in future months. I don't know if they move it around or if it's just so hard to find. Sometimes I go back to see what they have coming up and I just can't find it. I gave up in frustration last time.