Thursday, July 02, 2009

Czech

Last year, I briefly worked with someone bilingual Czech/English. Of course, I couldn't resist picking up a few words of a new language and getting some insights from a native speaker. Incidentally, I broke out a copy of Pimsleur Czech and listened to the first few lessons to compare what he taught me and to work on my pronunciation. There were a few discrepancies. It is not uncommon to find that Pimsleur (or any other language method) necessarily has to focus on one form of pronunciation or one dialect for a beginning learner of a language. There are often other ways to pronounce something, even as common a word as 'thanks.' Keep this in mind as you learn from various sources - stay flexible, adapt and keep learning.

I've added a new page on learning Czech.

No comments: