Monday, September 29, 2008

Digital Recorder Time

I recently bought a handheld digital recorder. I have wanted one for a long time for recording things (I am a musician as well as a language enthusiast) so I went ahead and got it. What mostly prompted me to finally get it was a Dutch-speaking coworker. I only work with her once a month or so, and I can never remember the nuances of the Dutch pronunciation when she teaches me something (and it's always something a little odd - something you won't see in books and published courses!) I also thought how handy it would be in the EPCOT World Showcase that I wrote about a few days ago.

I have heard of people really building up nice libraries of recordings. I have to learn how to get the best quality sound out of it and then I have to remember to take it with me wherever I go. You never know when you could meet up with a native speaker to record!

No comments: