Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wordchamp

I don't think I have mentioned Wordchamp before, and I'm not even sure if I have checked it out myself before now. Wordchamp is a site for language learners and teachers, with tools to help teachers organize their lessons and track their students progress, and has some features for students as well. There is an SRS flashcard feature, a webreader and extensive analytical tools to track your stats and progress.

I find the site similar to Lingq in some ways, but for the most part, it stands apart. Used in conjunction with other sites or language methods, its features could be very complementary. The webreader is interesting, allowing you to read websites in foreign languages and highlight words for their definitions. An SRS (Spaced Repetition System) Flashcard feature is almost essential for any language learner.

No comments: